Today is National Coffee Day. I usually don’t worry too much about all the different “celebrations” of food. It seems like every day is National Something Day. But coffee and I have a special relationship. Therefore, I must recognize it as a legitimate holiday.
Did you know Brent proposed to me in a Starbucks?
I also went into labor with Mason at a Starbucks.
One of those is a lie.
But really I just am a coffee-aholic. I’ve already had one today and I wouldn’t doubt that I will have another before the day is through. We are on vacation after all.
My drink of choice? Starbucks venti iced coffee, sweet with cream. Sometimes, I get a trenta. Actually, I’ve only done that a couple of times. I feel really ridiculous carrying that thing around.
I’m sure many of you are celebrating with one of those pumpkin spice things. Yuck. Pumpkin will be the death of me.
Go out and celebrate or enjoy a nice cup at home!
My first half marathon. (That’s 13.1 miles, in case you weren’t sure.) I did it. I have no idea what got into me to decide to take on such a task, but I’m glad the running spirits possessed me.
I wasn’t super fast (2:31), but I finished and that was my main goal. I also had some semi- better pictures this time around. It costs like $60 to download them, so you guys are out of luck to see those. 🙂
I was doing pretty okay until about mile 11. I told Brent that I pretty much just prayed for the entire 11th mile. I was pretty beat and my feet and my knees were really starting to hurt. I just didn’t want to have to walk the last couple of miles- I wanted to run through the finish line. I pretty much just prayed that God would make my legs keep moving.
And, they did. In fact, those were my fastest miles. God is awesome like that.
They only thing that was sore the next day was my neck. I have NO idea how my neck is sore from running. I can hardly even turn it. I feel like I need a neck brace on. It started hurting before I went to bed, so I don’t think I slept on it wrong or anything. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Also, I’m pretty sure that under my pretty pink polish, my toenail is dead. …yuck…
On a more serious note- I’m not sure I’ve ever been so proud of myself. I actually stuck with my training and accomplished my goal. I don’t even feel like I have many long term goals lately. I mostly just have the goal of making it through each day without completely screwing up my son. So, it was nice to do something for myself. I’ve also inspired some fellow runners and that makes me even more excited. I need some running buddies! Hopefully, they won’t get faster than me. 🙂
In the end, I got a bling-in’ medal and am now a complete addict.
When’s the next race?!
I’m still alive! In all fairness, I warned you that I won’t be posting as much. 🙂
Last Monday, I ran my first 5k race. I am SO proud of myself. I ran it in 31:40, which is ah-maz-ing for me. I’ve never been even close to that fast in any of my practice runs.
Anyway, I really wanted to share this picture of me running the race. I’ve laughed at myself for at least 30 minutes over it.
Some thoughts on this picture:
1. My outfit is so cute. 🙂 I’m a recent running skirt convert and I’m obsessed. It makes being sweaty nice and girly. Just the way I like it.
2. Everyone else’s pictures are so lovely looking. They have these beautiful strides and are hovering above the ground. They have looks of determination or are smiling and waving. I look like I’m just trying not to die. haha!
I wasn’t going to show this picture to anyone, but I wanted everyone else to have a good laugh. You’re welcome.
Another personal accomplishment in the past week- I did my 12 mile training run on Saturday! I didn’t even die while I was doing it. I wasn’t worth much for the rest of the day, but that’s really Brent’s problem, not mine. 🙂
I can’t wait for my half marathon on the 22nd! Hopefully, someone will get a better picture this time around. If not, I’ll just have to laugh at myself again.
It’s finally here- time to move!
We will be moving into our new house on Friday! I am so excited!! Needless to say, it has been a little crazy around here this week. I’m pretty sure Mason loves all the boxes that keep popping up everywhere.
He’s the only one. 🙂
In other news- my little brother is engaged!! I can’t believe it.
They are so cute.
Mom, Mason and I went to Henderson this weekend. So, he is completely spoiled. He’s always so good whenever other people are around and then when it is just the two of us at home, he acts like a crazy man. He also loves to do the opposite of whatever I tell someone he will do. He loves to make mommy a liar. All weekend, I would say, “Oh, Mason love to eat that” and he wouldn’t touch it.
He’s crazy. But we all knew that.
This week has been a very busy one for the McPherson clan. Mason and I took a trip to Greenville on Wednesday and ended up staying through Friday. Plus, we had all of our Easter festivities to get ready for.
…and that whole house renovation project…
Good things this week:
– spending some extra mommy time with my boy
– getting to be “vacation” mommy for a couple days and not have to enforce all the rules
– sharing a bed with my baby- something that I never get to do (thanks, puppies)
– spending quality time with our family for Easter
– watching Mason enjoy the time with our family
– cute Easter goodies
– rain! Thank you for washing some of that pollen out of the air.
– getting some of the sneak peeks from Mason’s one year portraits
– I think we have to say Mas is officially walking. No more crawling for this wild man.
– having a great husband who stays at home to support our family while Mason and I party it up in Greenville
Here are some pictures from our fun day in Greenville:
Picking carrots at the farm in the Children's Museum
Playing in the construction zone. The shovel was his favorite.
Dumping water OUT of the water table
Destroying Toys R Us
We’ve made it through this weekend, through this sickness in the past week, and most importantly through our first year of parenthood!
I was worried there for a while.
Mason’s party was completely exhausting! Brent’s parents both got sick on Friday night and we had to do a quick change to have the party somewhere else. I think it turned out alright. I just hate that his parents missed the party.
I also hate that most of the guests have started getting sick, now. I promise this McPherson 3 were healthy!!! This bug going around has gotten to almost everyone I know. It’s like one of the plagues in Egypt.
Some highlights from the party…
Some of our decorations. I didn't get time to get pictures of them all.
Trying to eat cake with no hands. Someone spends too much time with the puppies.
This is as messy as he got. He wasn't really into the cake thing.
So many fun presents!!
The balloons were his favorite part of the whole thing.
This is the only half-decent picture I have of the three of us. I'm hoping someone else got one.
Just some random thoughts for now…
– I’ve recently become obsessed with The Voice. I cry for everyone- win or lose. Also, how does everyone have some dramatic story in their life?? I think they are stretching some of those. Or maybe it’s just some requirement to be on the show…
– Mom gets here tonight!!
– Kay is coming tonight too!!
– I don’t care to admit how many Swifter dusters it took for me to clean the house this morning. Not sure that I’ve ever dusted some of the nooks and crannies of this house…
– Mason will be one tomorrow!!!!!!!!
– I REALLY hope it doesn’t rain for his party. It isn’t an “outside” party, but it would be nice to have a beautiful day.
– I’ve got a ton of baking to do…
– I still don’t have any gifts for Mason.
– I really love decorating for Easter. All the pastels, it’s just so fun!!
– I pulled my spring/summer clothes out yesterday ANDDDDD my pre-pregnancy stuff fit! Yesssssssss! I’ll have more than 5 outfits for the summer. 🙂
Enjoy your Thursday!! Remember to smile!