Sometimes life is hard.
The past couple of weeks have been.. hard.
I don’t really want to sit here and be a debbie downer- so I’m not. I just find it interesting that when life really seems to be horrible, God tends to remind us that it could always be worse. At the end of the day, I have a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator (even though I have no kitchen), and a ton of people that love me. That’s all I really need.
That’s it for today. Go give someone a hug. 🙂
It’s finally here- time to move!
We will be moving into our new house on Friday! I am so excited!! Needless to say, it has been a little crazy around here this week. I’m pretty sure Mason loves all the boxes that keep popping up everywhere.
He’s the only one. 🙂
In other news- my little brother is engaged!! I can’t believe it.
They are so cute.
Mom, Mason and I went to Henderson this weekend. So, he is completely spoiled. He’s always so good whenever other people are around and then when it is just the two of us at home, he acts like a crazy man. He also loves to do the opposite of whatever I tell someone he will do. He loves to make mommy a liar. All weekend, I would say, “Oh, Mason love to eat that” and he wouldn’t touch it.
He’s crazy. But we all knew that.
This week has been a very busy one for the McPherson clan. Mason and I took a trip to Greenville on Wednesday and ended up staying through Friday. Plus, we had all of our Easter festivities to get ready for.
…and that whole house renovation project…
Good things this week:
– spending some extra mommy time with my boy
– getting to be “vacation” mommy for a couple days and not have to enforce all the rules
– sharing a bed with my baby- something that I never get to do (thanks, puppies)
– spending quality time with our family for Easter
– watching Mason enjoy the time with our family
– cute Easter goodies
– rain! Thank you for washing some of that pollen out of the air.
– getting some of the sneak peeks from Mason’s one year portraits
– I think we have to say Mas is officially walking. No more crawling for this wild man.
– having a great husband who stays at home to support our family while Mason and I party it up in Greenville
Here are some pictures from our fun day in Greenville:
Picking carrots at the farm in the Children's Museum
Playing in the construction zone. The shovel was his favorite.
Dumping water OUT of the water table
Destroying Toys R Us
This little boy is going to eat me out of house and home.
After hardly eating anything for the past couple of weeks, someone has found his appetite. Today was more of one continuous meal than 3 distinct ones.
It sort of reminds of me this little guy…
I tried to find the picture of him with the pb&j in one hand and his drink in the other. That’s probably my favorite picture ever.
Oh, that is my little brother for those of you that don’t know.
Also, I think they look exactly alike minus the hair color.
…and the awesome outfit Daniel has on.
Anyway, the house is shaping up. And by that I mean, it has a giant hole in the back where we tore all of the wood off. So, if any homeless people in Nashville need a place to stay for the night, just walk on in.
I should mention that we are not staying in the house yet. Mason would just crawl right out of the back and we would lose him.
Brent and I have only thought about divorce 4 times while we have been working on the house.
…it’s been 1 day.
I am kidding, of course.
Just some random thoughts for now…
– I’ve recently become obsessed with The Voice. I cry for everyone- win or lose. Also, how does everyone have some dramatic story in their life?? I think they are stretching some of those. Or maybe it’s just some requirement to be on the show…
– Mom gets here tonight!!
– Kay is coming tonight too!!
– I don’t care to admit how many Swifter dusters it took for me to clean the house this morning. Not sure that I’ve ever dusted some of the nooks and crannies of this house…
– Mason will be one tomorrow!!!!!!!!
– I REALLY hope it doesn’t rain for his party. It isn’t an “outside” party, but it would be nice to have a beautiful day.
– I’ve got a ton of baking to do…
– I still don’t have any gifts for Mason.
– I really love decorating for Easter. All the pastels, it’s just so fun!!
– I pulled my spring/summer clothes out yesterday ANDDDDD my pre-pregnancy stuff fit! Yesssssssss! I’ll have more than 5 outfits for the summer. 🙂
Enjoy your Thursday!! Remember to smile!
You all thought I forgot, didn’t you??
Today I am thankful for my brother-in-law, Brad.
Brad is my favorite brother-in-law. (he’s my only one) He would probably still be my favorite, though.
Brad is great for many reasons. Number 1 being that he really loves to make fun of Brent. That is also one of my favorite pastimes, so you can see how that brings us together.
Brad is also a really great uncle to Mason which is really the most important.
I’m very thankful to have Brad in my life. 🙂
For the month of November I’m going to let you know what I’m thankful for. And you should let me know too. We are all blessed more than we even realize and I always think it’s nice to put it down on paper… or blog world… what those specific items are.
I’m not going in any specific order so don’t think that I’m more thankful for new shoes than I am for Mason. 🙂
Day 1: My friends and family.
Well, duh, on that one. 🙂
Here’s my story.
My fridge is covered in pictures of, well, anyone that sends me a picture. If you send me a Christmas card or wedding invitation with a picture on it, I will put it on my fridge and I won’t take it off until you send me a new one. (I have lost a few in different moves)
Brent gets really mad about it. Not mad for real, he just doesn’t understand leaving wedding invitations from a year ago on the fridge. I just really enjoy that every time I go in the kitchen I see a bunch of smiling faces of people I love.
So for day #1, I’m thankful for that.